Tommaso Bussola (500 ml) 2012 Recioto della Valpolicella Classico DOCG

Tommaso Bussola (500 ml) 2012 Recioto della Valpolicella Classico DOCG

Item Number: 12265

UPC: None

Country: Italy
Region: Veneto
Sub Region: Valpolicella
Appellation/AVA: Recioto della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
Estate Grown Wine: Yes
Vintage: 2012
Grape(s): 55% Corvina and Corvinone / 30% Rondinella / 15% Other
Type: Wine - Dessert
Bottle Size: 500 ml
Pack: 6
Closure: Cork
Alc by Vol(%): 13.5
Viticulture: Practicing Organic
Soil Type: Toar (basalt) and chalky gravel
Elevation: 260-400 meters

Tommaso is the master of Recioto, and even his normale can challenge the region’s elite.

Winemaking Notes: 80% of the grapes are crushed in mid-January after four months of withering. Fermentation occurs with selected yeast and proceeds slowly for fifty days. The remaining 20% of the grapes are pressed at the beginning of March. The juice pressed in January referments together with the crushed grapes in March for another twenty-five days. Drawn off and separated from the dregs, 90% of the juice remains on its lees in stainless steel tanks for 18 months while 10% remains in barrique. The wine is bottled normally within one year after crushing.