La Petite Tour 2012 Montagne Saint-Emilion AOC (fka Grandchamp)

La Petite Tour 2012 Montagne Saint-Emilion AOC (fka Grandchamp)

Item Number: 9630

UPC: None

Country: France
Region: Bordeaux
Sub Region: Right Bank
Appellation/AVA: Montagne-Saint-Emilion AOC
Estate Grown Wine: Yes
Vintage: 2012
Grape(s): 75% Merlot / 20% Cabernet Franc / 5% Cabernet Sauvignon
Type: Wine - Red
Bottle Size: 750 ml
Pack: 12
Closure: Cork
Alc by Vol(%): 13.5
Viticulture: Practicing Organic
Soil Type: Clay and limestone

Harvest: By Hand
Vine Age: 50 years
Vineyard Size: 8 acres

Location: The Montagne St-Emilon AOC is located north east of Saint-Emilion on the right bank of the Dordogne River. The vineyard is on the top of a hill surrounding the town of Parsac.

Winemaking Notes: The fermentation at controlled temperature takes place in cement vats where the wine 80% will mature for 12 months. The other 20% will stay in oak barrels (3 years old) for 12 months as well. After a light filtration, the wine is bottled.

Tasting Notes: The wine is aromatically vibrant and beautiful balanced with soft tannins. The nose shows aromas of dark fruits and chocolate. The mouth is ample and round. Wine is best paired with grilled meat. It will compliment any kind of red meat.