Clos Saint-Andre 2011 Pomerol AOC

Clos Saint-Andre 2011 Pomerol AOC

Item Number: 9553

UPC: None

Country: France
Region: Bordeaux
Sub Region: Right Bank
Appellation/AVA: Pomerol AOC
Estate Grown Wine: Yes
Vintage: 2011
Grape(s): 80% Merlot / 20% Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon
Type: Wine - Red
Bottle Size: 750 ml
Pack: 12
Closure: Cork
Alc by Vol(%): 13
Soil Type: Clay-rich soils

Clos Saint-Andre Pomerol is produced from the estate vineyard that is less than a hectare in size with vines averaging over 60 years of age. The wine is a field blend that is approximately 80% Merlot, with the other 20% a combination of Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon. Vinification lasts about three weeks. Natural yeasts are used during fermentation. The wine spends 16-18 months in barrels, of which a small portion is new oak. The wine is neither fined nor filtered. Annual production for the domaine is on the order of 2,500 to 2,800 bottles.